On Saturday, January 19 Kevin and I flew to Panama City. We
flew from Colorado Springs to Dallas, had a 5-hour layover in Dallas, and then
flew 4 hours down to Panama City. The best part about this trip was that we got
to sit in First Class the whole way! We arrived in Panama City around 9:00pm
and were at our hotel around 10. We settled into our hotel and fell asleep
around midnight.
Welcome! About to go through customs and immigration.
I love getting new stamps in my passport!
We woke up at 8:30 on Sunday morning and left the hotel at
10:00am. The ship docks in Colon, which is about an hour north of Panama City,
so we arranged for a transfer and arrived at the ship around 11:00am. We got on
the ship and ate lunch in the Windjammer before completing our inspection. We
finished the inspection around 1:30pm and began the drive back to Panama City.
Our driver agreed to stop at the Miraflores Locks on the way back to the city
and we were so excited to finally visit the Panama Canal. We have been to
Panama City at least 4 different times and have driven past the Canal, but
never got to visit the world famous locks! It was such a fascinating process to
watch! We didn’t get to stay too long, but we thoroughly enjoyed the time we
spent at the Canal! We got back to the hotel around 4pm and then went over to
the mall that was right next to the hotel. We bought some Panamanian hot sauce
and beer and then grabbed a quick bite to eat at Tony Roma’s. We went back to
the hotel and took a quick nap before our friend Rachel picked us up for
dinner. She took us to Jimmy’s, which is a very popular local seafood
restaurant. I am not a huge fan of seafood, but what I tried was pretty good!
We went over to Rachel’s friend’s house for a quick visit and got back to the
hotel around 11:30. We packed our bags and crashed.
These ships were waiting to pass through the canal. This photo was taken from the ship in Colon, which is the northernmost part of Panama.
I took this photo from the car on our way to the Miraflores Locks.
The Miraflores Locks Museum.
Miraflores Locks Panama Canal 1913.
Our driver took this photo for us. Love him!
I love this photo! I edited it using the Snapseed app on my phone.
I took this photo using the panoramic function on my phone. I love how it captures the entire length of the Miraflores Locks!
Two ships entering the Miraflores Locks.
Selfie!
Exiting the locks. This photo was edited using Instragram.
We flew home on Monday morning and after a 2 hour delay in Dallas, we arrived home around 6:30pm.



No comments:
Post a Comment