On Wednesday, July 11, Kevin and I left for what may be my last trip for a while. On Tuesday, I officially submitted my application for the alternative teaching program I have chosen to complete in order to get my teaching license. I am excited to say I have officially passed my teaching test and been accepted into the teaching program! As soon as Kevin and I return from this trip, I will begin applying for full-time teaching positions and hopefully begin teaching this fall!!
That being said, I was really looking forward to this trip. We flew from Colorado Springs to Dallas and Dallas to Baltimore. We arrived in Baltimore around 6:30pm and proceeded to baggage claim. My bag didn't come off the carrier so I went to file a lost bag claim. Turns out my bag had been scanned but didn't come out on the belt. My first thought was that someone stole it, but after about 15 minutes, we found it! It would have been a long trip without my bag!! After we got my bag, we took the shuttle to the rental car facility and got our car. We made plans to meet a very good friend of mine from high school, so we plugged in the address and were on our way! We got a little lost, but ended up at the house around 7:45. Lucy made us a delicious pot roast dinner and it was great catching up with her! She had been living in Belgium for almost 3 years with her husband and two adorable kids, so it was so nice to see her. Kevin fell in love with Lucy's almost 2 year old daughter and it was so precious to see him interacting with her! I can't wait to see him with our own child!! We left Lucy's around 11 and drove to our hotel. We grabbed a quick drink at the bar before crashing!
Kevin's new friend, Gracie. She was so precious!
Lucy and I, great friends since high school!
We went to the ship around 9am on Thursday morning and got back to the hotel around 12:30pm. We showered and packed and then went to lunch. We ate at Dick's Last Resort, and boy was it fun! This is a restaurant where the servers are known for their sarcasm and entertaining service. I went with the girls in Vegas and have been ranting and raving about it ever since. We sure enjoyed ourselves! We left for the airport around 3:00pm and got ready for our flight over the pond. We left Baltimore at 5:30 and flew to Rome, by way of NYC. We had a great time in Baltimore!
Excited to experience the ridicule!
The servers make you these ridiculous hats. Mine was not nearly as entertaining as some of the other ones we saw.
Delicious Blue Moon! We had a blast!
No comments:
Post a Comment