For posts prior to August 2011 please go to www.jessiepc.blogspot.com

Monday, May 7, 2012

Panama City, Panama

On Friday, March 23 we flew from Buenos Aires to Panama City. We flew from Buenos Aires to Lima, Peru and then to San Jose, Costa Rica, and then finally to Panama City. It took us 18 hours to get to our destination, but we made it! I sure hope the company starts booking us on more direct flights!!

We arrived at the hotel around 10:30pm. Fortunately our hotel was right next to a mall that had a Tony Roma's restaurant that was still open, so we grabbed a quick bite before crashing! 

We woke up on Saturday morning and went over to the mall to do some shopping. Our main purpose was to get some Panamanian hot sauce called D'Elidas, which was successful! We also stopped in a Payless Shoe store and I got some new shoes to go with my new tops from Buenos Aires! I was so excited! We had lunch at Tony Roma's again and then met our friend Rachel at one of the colleges in town. She was competing in a chocolate competition and we were able to see her final product! We went back to her house so she could drop off all her supplies and freshen up and then we went out to Casco Viejo - Panama's Old Town. Rachel explained some of the history to us and we got some beautiful views of the city! We went back to the hotel to relax a little and then went out from dinner with Rachel and her husband Roberto. We went to a swanky hotel and ate some great food - the tuna tar-tar was out of this world! After dinner, we went up to roof for drinks and got to see a Calvin Klein fashion show. I learned a new Spanish word too - BUENAS!! We got back to the hotel around midnight and crashed! It was a great day!

One of two new outfits! Top/Dress from Buenos Aires and shoes from Panama City! 

I loved the first one so much, I got two! And the best thing is the top can be worn more than ten different ways!

Rachel with her chocolate masterpiece! She won the competition and gets to compete in Mexico City later this year for a chance to compete in the World Competition!! 

Looking at the Panama City Skyline. 

And again!

This area was called lovers lane and was covered in beautiful trees and flowers!

I sure do love him! 

One more of the skyline. 

Rachel and I out on the roof before the fashion show. 

On Sunday, we went to work in Colon, which is just over an hour away from Panama City. We got back to the city around 2:00 and relaxed at the hotel for a while before Rachel picked us up for dinner. We went to a great Italian restaurant for dinner and called it an early night before our early morning flight back home!

We upgraded to first class all the way home and thoroughly enjoyed being pampered!

No comments:

Post a Comment